How does your skin look before and after drinking water?
Water is an essential element for the effective functioning of our body, especially the skin, tissues, cells and organs. It removes toxins and waste from the body , thus maintaining skin hydration and freshness in order to help protect against many problems.. so the Water is required to process all the nutrients from the food we eat. A lack of water in the body can cause constipation,
The skin can be affected by many external factors that can damage it , including the level of water in the body.
We tell you here on this blog , how the skin is affected before and after drinking water.
Skin before drinking water :
When you neglect to drink water regularly during the day, and if the average drink is less than 8 glasses per day, the skin can be affected in different ways, depending on its type.
In the following, we highlight the most prominent risks that may threaten your skin due to the lack of water in your body, according to the latest foreign studies.
Among the effects that appear on the skin:
Pallor Visible cracks on the skin result from not drinking enough water during the day, as the skin cells need hydration to avoid cracking.
Dry and Desydrated skin:
Dehydrated skin and dry skin isn’t necessarily the same thing. Your skin can become dry and cracked due to low humidity and lack of moisturizer, even if you drink enough water. However, dehydrated skin lacks moisture from the inside. It may appear not only dry and itchy but also dull, uneven, and wrinkled.You can even detect dehydration through your skin. Lightly pinch a small area of your cheek or neck. If the skin wrinkles beneath your fingers or doesn’t bounce back immediately when you let go, you are dehydrated. This is the result of insufficient moisture in the outermost layer of your skin, called the epidermis. Drink more water to restore plumper, more youthful-looking skin gradually.
Large Pores :
The noticeable lack of water in the body leaves the skin in a dry state, and the pores become clear, and it looks like dry soil in need of water to quench and show its vitality again, noting that medical studies indicated that the lotion in this case is not considered a treatment, and its effect will not be long. So, in short, the solution lies in drinking large amounts of water to revive your dry skin cells, provide them with adequate hydration, and restore their luster and vitality.
Skin needs to stay hydrated from water to look dewy and young. Not drinking enough can increase the effects of aging and make skin look flakier, wrinklier and just not as fresh as you’d like. With insufficient water, collagen can crack, leading to fine lines and wrinkles. That’s why people need moisturizing, hydrating products in a skin-care regimen to complement their water intake for that supple, soft look.
Dry, cracked and dull lips:
There is nothing worse than the appearance of dull, dry and cracked lips, with which moisturizers and cosmetics do not help. The lack of water affects your mouth and lips, causing dryness, as well as bad breath, which affects your beauty and health negatively, and may require the intervention of a doctor.
Skin after drinking water :
While neglecting to drink water can negatively affect the skin, taking it regularly can protect against and sometimes treat impurities.
Here are the benefits of drinking water for the skin:
In many cases, we may exaggerate our consumption of expensive cosmetic treatments and neglect the most important thing, which is drinking water a lot. The most important benefits of drinking water for the skin are as follows:
1. Maintain optimum skin tone By delivering essential nutrients to skin cells, it regenerates skin tissue and increases its elasticity and moisture.
2. An ideal alternative to anti-aging treatments As we mentioned earlier, it removes signs of aging, such as: wrinkles, fine lines. The amount of water is more important than applying topical creams to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
3. A remedy for skin disorders What is meant here is psoriasis, wrinkles, and eczema. It also increases the metabolic rate and improves the digestive system to flush out toxins from the body, which in turn gives you healthy and glowing skin.
4. Help to tighten the skin Water works to tighten the skin and protect it from sagging by moisturizing the skin and ridding it of dryness. Benefits of using water topically on the skin After learning about the benefits of drinking water for the skin, here are the benefits of using water on the surface of the skin:
1. Calm the nerves by taking a cold shower Bathing in cold water works to calm the nerves and reduce the damage caused by stress on the skin, by soaking the entire body in cold water for 2 to 3 minutes to rejuvenate the skin.
Do not take a shower for a long time, because prolonged exposure to water can reduce the amount of natural oils in it, causing it to dry out.
2. Reducing skin redness with cold water Sprinkling cold water on the face tightens the pores and prevents clogging, and this also reduces the appearance of acne.
3. Reduce under-eye puffiness by using cold water compresses Cold water on the eyes can reduce eye puffiness.
There are many gels that are rich in water, such as: cucumber pulp powder, that you can use to solve long-term eye puffiness problems. The normal rate of drinking water daily
Women should drink 2.2 liters of water per day, which is equivalent to 9 glasses of water.
Home ways to increase drinking water In order to get the benefits of drinking water for the skin,
here are the most important ways that you can follow to motivate yourself to drink water:
Add flavorings to the water bottle, such as: lemon slices, strawberries, and mint. Make a plan for yourself to drink a glass of water whenever you go to the bathroom, for example, or whenever you pass by a water bottle. Get used to drinking a sip of water before any meal. Keep a water bottle close by to fill it up whenever you’re done.
Eat foods rich in water, such as: cucumber, which contains 96% of water, watermelon, which contains 92% of water, and zucchini, which contains 95%.
Buy a water bottle with numbers on it to see how many liters you drank per day.
Disadvantages of drinking too much water
Despite the recommendations about the benefits of drinking water for the skin, increasing drinking water in huge quantities has some side effects, such as:
A decrease in the level of sodium in the body, which causes nausea and vomiting.